WMN203 – Devotion to Jesus: The Divinity of Christ in Earliest Christianity
Course Dates: October 8 – December 10, 2018
Dr. Larry Hurtado contends that worship of Jesus was a very early, widespread and radical practice for 1st century believers. A renowned professor at Edinburgh College, Hurtado is an expert in Christian origins. In this course, Hurtado utterly refutes those skeptical scholars that propose that belief in the divinity of Jesus grew incrementally over time. The more plausible explanation is that Jesus believed he had a unique relationship with God and that he was God’s decisive agent in human history.
- Introduction to Jesus Devotion
- Roman and Jewish Backgrounds
- Jesus in the Letters of Paul
- Jesus in Jewish Christianity
- Jesus in the Synoptic Gospels
- Jesus in the Gospel of John
- The Costs and Consequences of Jesus Devotion
- How Did It Happen? Why Does It Matter Today?
2.0 CEUs are available.
This course will open for enrollment closer to the course date. Subscribe using the button below to be notified when enrollment opens.
Notify Me of New Dates
Subscribe to be alerted when new dates are added for this course!
Image in the public domain, via Wikimedia Commons