Wesleyan Resources: The Power of Going Online
We here at BeADisciple are thankful that you are a part of our learning community, and we hope your Advent and Christmas journey was a catalyst to a deeper walk with Christ this season. As we enter 2015, we hope to continue to provide you with the best in online learning from a Wesleyan perspective. As a part of this commitment, our blog team is launching a new series of posts which explore the wealth of Methodist and Wesleyan resources online. From grass-roots, to well-established platforms, we have interviewed leaders from a number of organizations with the hope that we can view our mission to serve Christ in ministry to the world as a unified one.
We have asked each of our participating organizations the following questions:
- Briefly, what are the history and mission of your platform?
- What differentiates your platform from others?
- Do you seek to cultivate an explicitly Wesleyan or Methodist voice online? If so, why or why not?
- How do you identify your contributors and content topics?
- Do you provide content that is primarily: theological, academic, cultural, pastoral, practical, or all of the above? Do you have a niche?
- What have you learned about your readers since developing your platform? What have you learned about the Methodist or Wesleyan movement?
- What are your hopes for the future of your platform?
Check back next week for our first interview, with the folks from Seedbed. Additionally, we’d love to hear from you – what are your favorite online resources?