October 18, 2020
Number of weeks: 34
Required books?: Yes
Live video session?: Yes
Part of a certification or series of courses?: No
Are you missing out on Bible study because of the pandemic? DISCIPLE Online, the online version of the life-changing Disciple, Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study, might be right for you. Everything can be done from home on your computer.
All you need for the course are:
- High speed internet access
- A computer with an internal or external camera with microphone
- A study Bible and a Disciple 1 Bible Study manual
- An adventurous spirit and desire to study the Bible in a new way!
We will use our Disciple 1 Bible Study manuals to find and reflect on 30-minute daily readings for 34 weeks. We will use our computers to go online for videos of Bible scholars discussing scripture and use the online Discussion Board to share views on what we are reading and hearing, as well as share prayer requests and offer each other support.
Our group will gather in weekly 70-minute Zoom meetings. The sessions will be on Sundays at 2:30 pm Eastern time. The orientation meeting will be on Sunday, October 18 at 2:30 pm ET. To find what time this is for you, go to the Time Zone Converter.
The study is open to anyone. The number of spaces for participants are limited. Facilitator Bill Poston of Soapstone UMC in Raleigh, NC will encourage discussions of the weekly readings. Participants will covenant together to faithfully study the scripture.
Upon enrolling in the course, materials and fees include:
- The $30 BeADisciple fee covers the online assignments, support for the software, and access to the videos.
- the Disciple 1 Bible Study manual: Disciple I Becoming Disciples Through Bible Study: Study Manual: Second Edition The manual is $35-40.
For more information, please contact Bill Poston at email@example.com.
Technical support is also available from Lisa Buffum at BeADisciple@sckans.edu