WMNF302 – Methodist Identity Part I: Our Story (facilitator version)
This course is available to be led by a trained facilitator at any time! Visit our Congregational Partners page or Conference Partners page to learn how you can offer this course. BeADisciple periodically offers this course to the public; subscribe to our newsletter or check the course page for more information.
Course Dates: Contact us to set your course dates!
This is an Adult Education course hosted by Justo Gonzalez featuring contributions from 18 of the world’s leading Methodist scholars. The course will benefit both lifelong Methodists and those coming to Methodism from other traditions.
The Methodist Identity video series explains what it means to be Methodist. This first course includes eight half-hour long presentations by leading Methodist scholars. Speakers describe the 18th-century Wesleyan revival in England and the growth of Methodism in the United States and around the world. Supplemental videos cover in more detail the rise of Methodism in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America
- John and Charles Wesley: The Early Years – Paul Chilcote
- Methodist Beginnings: 1725-1737 – Amy Oden
- Aldersgate and Its Results: 1738 – Steve Rankin
- Methodist History: 1739-1744 – Henry Knight
- Early Methodist Revival: 1740-1760 –Hoo-Jung Lee
- Methodism in Britain: 1760-1791 – Peter Forsaith
- The Legacy of Charles Wesley – S. T. Kimbrough
- American Methodism: 1740s-1860s – Douglas M. Strong
- African Methodism in Early America – Dennis C. Dickerson
- The Holiness Movement and Missions – Steven O’Malley
- Global Methodism – Robert Hunt
- Methodism and Social Holiness – Wendy Deichmann Edwards
2.0 CEUs are available.
Group Rate (up to 15 people): $300
Photo by Fran Walsh, United Methodist Communications
This course is available to led by a trained online facilitator at any time! Visit our Congregational Partners page or Conference Partners page to learn how you can lead this course for your church or conference.