WMNF101 – Serious Answers to Hard Questions (facilitator version)
This course is available to be led by a trained facilitator at any time! Visit our Congregational Partners page or Conference Partners page to learn how you can offer this course. BeADisciple periodically offers this course to the public; subscribe to our newsletter or check the course page for more information.
Course Dates: Contact us to set your course dates!
How do you reconcile the presence of evil in the world with belief in a loving God? How should Christians relate to other religions? Does the “Christ of Faith” bear any resemblance to the “Jesus of History”?
Ten Christian and Jewish theologians – world experts in their fields and persons of faith – each address a single perplexing issue. These ten issues are obstacles to faith for many both in and outside of the church. Each week a short scriptural study and personal reflection questions will help participants begin to think about the topic. Video presentations by the noted scholars will provide further material for discussion. This course will encourage energetic discussion and sustained reflection by both believers and seekers.
- Evil — R. Kendall Soulen, Wesley Theological Seminary
- Religion and Science — John Polkinghorne, Cambridge University
- Other Religions — Sathianathan Clarke, Wesley Theological Seminary
- Evangelism and Tolerance –Scott Jones, Bishop; formerly Perkins School of Theology
- The God of the Old Testament — Amy-Jill Levine, Vanderbilt Divinity School
- Jesus and Christianity — Richard B. Hays, Duke Divinity School
- Resurrection — N. T. Wright, Bishop; formerly Oxford University
- The Gnostic Gospels — Ben Witherington, Asbury Theological Seminary
- The Sins of the Church –Douglas M. Strong, Wesley Theological Seminary
- Forgiveness — L. Gregory Jones, Duke Divinity School
2.2 CEUs are available.
Group Rate (up to 15 people): $300
This course is available to led by a trained online facilitator at any time! Visit our Congregational Partners page or Conference Partners page to learn how you can lead this course for your church or conference.